TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Saturday, March 03, 2007
Muruga: Apoor debut
Muruga is another love story where the young hero Murugan (played by new face Ashok) falls in love with his schoolmate Amudha (Shruti Sharma), a rich girl in Rameswaram. Amudha doesnt reciprocate his love. Not only that, she openly denies in public. The news of Murugan's love spreads and reaches her familu members, In retaliation, Amudha's uncle (played by Selvam) steps in and permenantly banishes Murugan and his mother from the village.
Murugan settles down in Chennai and gets a delivery boys job in a courier company. He thought that he would never met Amutha in his life again. But in Chennai, he happens to meet Amudha again in a medical college where he delivers letters. Forgetting the past unpleasantness, the hero and heroine become good friends. The friendship turns into love. Murugan's affection foe her makes her stronger. Amudha completes medicine and returns to the village. When she gets there, she sees that wedding preparations are on to get her married with Selvam. The movie ends with both of them getting married with Amudhas fathers blessing. The climax of the movie forces tha father to give them What factors forced the father to accept the love is the twist in the climax.
Vadivelu gets a few laughs out of the audience but we expected more from the ace comedian. Debutante Director R.T.Nesan has penned the story, screenplay and script too. He has managed to bring out the difference between puppy love and mature love. But he has failed to tell the entire episode with heart touching scenes. Padmesh handled the camera and fulfilled the requirements of the story. Karthik Raja's tunes keep the viewers in the seat. All the five songs make you want to sing along.
Though the hero Ashok is a new comer, his dancing agility and performance in action scenes make you think he is an experienced actor. A welcome hero to the industry - he should concentrate a little more on his physique. Shruti Sharma looks like the girl next door but fails to attract the viewers. The director failed to use Samiksha in 'proper' manner. She was featured only in one song. If the Director conceived more twistful and interesting sequences in the screenplay, the film could be more enjoyable. Better luck next time Nesan!