TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Friday, January 05, 2007
Characterization is the first thing that has to be mentioned about the movie Poi which happens to be the 101st venture of veteran director K Balachander. The movie is about the choice a girl makes in her life between love and career.
Prakash Raj has produced this movie. The director has chosen Sri Lanka for shooting the movie. His choice of the locations is excellent.
The movie is an emotional play between two people, rather than a love story. Uday Kiran has played the lead role with Vimala playing the female lead role. Uday Kiran comes to Sri Lanka along with his father who has no other option but leaving his own country as he is an honest politician.
Uday Kiran and Vimala meet and fall in love. But Vimala gives utmost importance to her career and love seems to be the last item for her. The director has chosen right persons to portray the different roles. The climax of the movie depicts the emotions that the heroine feels and how the final decision sways between career and love.
Another thing to be appreciated in this movie is the screenplay that makes the movie taut and interesting.
The music of this movie is yet another thing that captivates the mind and heart of the audience. The song Chutti chutti has been shot against the background of scenic beauties. The lyrics of the song enai thlaithai are pleasing to the ears. The voice lent by SP Balasubramanian for the song is the highlight.
The movie is not at all boring and from a social perspective, Balachandar has chosen the Tsunami disaster. The last part of the movie is very interesting and makes the audience bite their nails and the climax is an unexpected one.
On the whole, Poi is a movie worth seeing. It is enjoyable, captivating, but quite different from other commercial movies.
Direction : K. Balachander
Producer : Prakash Raj
Music Director : Vidyasagar
Cast : Uday Kiran, Vimala, Geethu Mohandas, Vimala Raman.