TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Director Prem, a London based NRI once again come to Tamil Cinema with his typical action movie. After Krotham and Veeramani, the actor cum director is back for the fourth time as hero with his Ashoka.
This time Prem plays an NSG commando chief Ashoka looking after the security of the Prime Minister of the country. The story has a familiar plot for more action. The film begins with Ashoka barely managing to save the life of the PM at the Coimbatore airport from a terrorist ambush. Ashoka saves the PM, but he needs a surgery to survive the PM further.So Asoka accepts to keep the PM in the same hospital. But the terrorists again continue their attack to kill the PM. The rest of the film is how Ashoka foils more terrorist attempts on the PM's life.
First, we should thank the director for present the film without any duets or pathos or separate comedy tracks. But at the same time, the speed of this action packed movie is interrupted a lot by mother sentimental scenes. The logical loopholes of the script make the film as a drag.
Prem has done his part well, but he should speed up his dialogue delivery.
Reghuvaran appears as the Muslim leader, who mastered all the attempts against the PM really irritates with his stereotyped mouthing and pro Pakistan dialogues. Aanandharaj plays in another bad role. But it seems that he always speaking with terrorists in video phone or discussing new plots with Raguvaran. All the scenes involved with Raguvaran and Aanandharaj happens in a single room! Anusri and Pooja Bharathi are the glam girls while Naveen as villain looks menacing. Rajiv plays the doctor's role with his usual touch.
If Prem could have made the film with a different treatment for the same story, it will become another Krotham for him. But one should appreciate his enthusiasm and courage of making films with his own money earned through his hard work in abroad!
Verdict: Average actioner!
Cast: Prem, Anusri, Pooja Bharathi, Raguvaran, Rajiv
Music: Sabesh Murali
Camera: Om Prakash
Producer: Indira Prem