- Jigarthanda & Lakshmana Are Off To A Good Start
- Kannada Releases On This Friday (June 24)
- Jigarthanda Release Date Confirmed
- Team Jigarthanda's Unconventional Ways Of Promotions!
- INTERESTING: Rakshit Shetty Plays A Cameo In Jigarthanda!
- OMG! Will Karthik Subbaraj's Script Developed For Thala Ajith Become Vijay 60?
- Sudeep Justifies His Nick Name 'Remake Raja'!
- Siddharth Sings For Vijay In His Directorial Debut, Says He Is Not Jealous Of Bobby Simha!
- Sudeep To Direct 'Jigarthanda' In Kannada: Nannusire Fame Rahul To Play The Lead!
- National Award Winner Bobby Simha's Upcoming Movie List And His Dedication For Jigarthanda!
- 62nd National Film Awards: Bobby Simha, Vivek Among Winners In Tamil!
- Siddharth's Jigarthanda Set For Bollywood Remake!
- Team Kammarasambhavam Thanks Actor Siddharth!
After the success of Pizza, director Karthik Subbaraj took his own time to decide on his next movie. The massive success of his debut Tamil movie earned him a good name in the industry and in order to maintain the good image, he choose to take his own time for his next movie. After two years, now, he is returning with gangster movie Jigarthanda.
Jigarthanda has drawn attention from media for various reasons. The most prominent among them is the fact that the Tamil movie found a place in the top 5 must-watch movies in 2014 in the Forbes India list. This gave a good publicity to the Tamil movie, which has also attracted audience with the music of the movie and the trailer.
One of the strengths in Karthik Subbaraj's earlier movie was his technical department. This time, he has chosen Gavemic U Ary for cinematography, Vivek Harshan for editing but he has retained Santhosh Narayan from his Pizza to score the music. Now, let us get into the serious part of the review...
The story of Jigarthanda revolves around three main characters. An aspiring filmmaker Karthi Subramaniam (Siddharth) wants to make a gangster movie. He along with his friend Oorni (Karunakaran) comes to the temple town Madurai to write a rowdyism story. The study gives them the idea of ruthless gangster Sethu (Bobby Simhaa). And the interesting part begins from there and we suggest you to watch the movie to know it.
Kollywood is fast growing as an industry, which is producing progressive films. We are not just sticking to the usual masala entertainers rather making movies, which could be loved by both mass and class audience. And Jigarthanda is a classic example of it. There is no scope for hero worshipping here and only the script remains the hero, which we could only see in Hollywood. Continue reading the review on the slideshow...
Jigarthanda doesn't bank on anyone character. Indeed, the roles of Siddharth, Simhaa and Karunakaran have been given equal importance. The most attractive part of the movie is that it surprises you at regular intervals and emerges as a movie, which has the right mix of comedy and actions.
While the first half is packed with entertaining elements, the second half comes as a stunning part. The drawback of Jigarthanda is little draggy in the second half and the length of the movie could not go well with regular cine goers.
Siddharth, Simhaa and Karunakaran are the plus points of Jigarthanda. They perform as if they are competing with each other. As a result, it is a treat to watch the trio in Jigarthanda.
Santhosh Narayanan has delivered an amazing background score for Jigarthanda. His work gives a different experience to the audience alltogether. Gavemic U Ary's camera work is brilliant and editing by Vivek gets thumbs up. Finally, director Karthik Subbaraj gets full marks for bringing out the best from his actors and technicians. Not to forget, his screenplay shows how passionate he is about the craft.
Verdict: Jigarthanda is an out-of-the-box attempt and it should not be missed by Tamil cine-goers.