- SHOCKER: 'Sathuranga Vettai' Actress Ishaara Says She Was Subjected To Physical & Verbal Abuse
- Not Suriya But Thala Ajith In Sathuranga Vettai 2?
- SS Rajamouli To Direct Thala Ajith In A Bilingual, Sathuranga Vettai Director Might Helm Thala 57!
- Puli Cameraman Natty Praises Mahendra Singh Dhoni!
- Karthi Appreciates Sathuranga Vettai
- Ajay Devgn-Lingusamy To Team Up
- Ganga Movie Review: Raghava Lawrence, Tapsee, Nithya Menen
- Kanchana 2 Movie Review: Ordinary Second Half Prevents It From Being Extraordinary!
- Pictures: Manobala celebrates birthday with Vijay and Vijay
- Appavi, the story of revenge
- Action King Arjun is back with Maasi
- A flying start for Baana!
Lingusamy's recent acquisitions have turned out to be smart choices. Will his latest movie is Sathuranga Vettai become a hit? Let's wait and see. Well, the Tamil movie features Natraj Subramaniam, Ishara Nair, Ponvannan, Illavarasu and others in the cast. It is a heist flick, which has Sean Roldan's music, KG Venkatesh's cinematography and Raja Sethupathi's editing.
Sathuranga Vettai is directed by newcomer H Vinoth. He adopts a scene from a wild life channel to show how a cheetah catches its prey. It is a symbolic scene to give a glimpse of what to expect from this flick.
Vinoth has intelligently penned the screenplay and his choice of actors shows that he has clarity in his vision. To make the movie more interesting, the dialogues have been penned to have a longing impact and this gets thumbs up from audience instantly. Nataraj as the leader of the conmen group shows that he has a huge talent. The movie is laced with good humour and music.
The plots are skilfully constructed and scenes are fully of energy. The director mixes dark humours, satire with strong opinions, to value to Sathuranga Vettai. The lead star (Natraj), an astute conman, is capable of deceiving anyone that he comes across. He leaves and breathes for money and in his words it is just the cash, which is bigger than everything in this world. The story will crisply explain why he is like this and the story proves that the money is not the source of happiness.
In the role of Gandhi Babu, Natraj comes out with flying colours. His body language is good and tries to emote more with his eyes than words in Sathuranga Vettai. Newcomer Ishara Nair is promising actress and rest others have done justice to their roles. The movie gets full marks in technical departments. Continue reading the movie review on the slideshow...
KV Venkatesh's cinematography records the atmosphere well. He is a new find and long way to go.
Sean Roldan's music is brilliant. His choice of instruments in key scenes is one of the highlights of the movie.
Editing plays an important role in this type of films and Raja Sethupathy's work is top notch.
A Good Choice
Comedian Manobala has made a good choice to make his debut as a producer with Sathuranga Vettai.
Sathuranga Vettai is not just a con film. It has more to offer. Do watch the movie to find what it is.