- Naga Chaitanya In 'Sigaram Thodu' Remake
- Sigaram Thodu Audio Launch Photos
- Kamal Hassan To Support Vikram Prabhu Again
- Vikram Prabhu's next with UTV
- Dulquer Salmaan’s Birthday: Here Is How Rana Daggubati, Vikram Prabhu & Sunny Wayne Wished Him!
- IN PIC! Look Who Joined Dulquer Salmaan To Celebrate Eid!
- 'Wagah' Movie Review And Rating: Half-baked & Unintentionally Funny
- Shooting For 'Wagah' Took Place Amid Real Shooting At The Kashmir Border: Vikram Prabhu
- Meet The New Hottie In Town (PHOTOS): Actress Ranya On Her Tamil Debut Opposite Vikram!
- Vikram To Romance Aishwarya & Manjima In His Next, Music By Yuvan Shankar Raja!
- Idhu Enna Maayam Movie Review And Rating: AL Vijay's Weakest Film Till Date
- What To Expect From Orange Mittai, Sakalakala Vallavan Appatakkar And Idhu Enna Maayam?
After making a promising debut in Kumki, Vikram Prabhu could not create the same magic in his next two movies Ivan Veramathiri and Arima Nambi. Now, he is returning with Sigaram Thodu in which he plays the role of a cop.
The movie is directed by newcomer Gaurav and produced by UTV Motion Pictures. Apart from Vikram Prabhu, Sathyaraj, Monal Gajjar, KS Ravikumar, Sathish, Kovai Sarala and others are in the cast. Sigaram Thodu has D Imman's music and Vijay Ulaganath's cinematography. Read on for the review...
Sigaram Thodu has the right balance of all the necessary commercial ingredients. Newbie Gaurav Narayanan's movie has a gripping screenplay and the realistic execution that makes the movie an interesting watch. The script is backed by good performances from all the actors including Vikram Prabhu. Not to forget the huge contribution made by the technical team.
Murali Pandian (Vikram Prabhu), the son of disciplinarian ex-cop Chellapa (Sathyaraj), doesn't have high expectations or ambitions in his life. All he need is a 9-to-5 bank manager job. The young boy is not keen on working hard and tries his best to woo the people, who work in bank, in order to get a bank job. On the other side, his father has some big dreams; he wishes to see his son as a police officer and more importantly he wants his son to be the best cop in the state.
Whether Murali Pandian fulfils his father's dream or will he pursue his own dreams should be seen on-screen. The director has thrown light on hi-tech thefts like ATM robbery, credit and debit cards forgery, etc. In the first half of Sigaram Thodu, the story makes us believe that it is any other crime, which could be easily committed by layman with a little bit of luck. But the second half stuns you as the story opens up and reveals how smartly it is done. Continue reading the story...
The first half is fairly engaging except the dull romantic sequences of the lead stars. The last twenty minutes before the interval is very interesting.
The flow of the story in second half is good and thrilling parts remain highlight here. Once again, songs work as a speed breaker. However, post-interval session works better than the first half.
Sigaram Thodu brings out the best from Vikram Prabhu. Sathyaraj, Sathish and Erode Mahesh pull of their roles well. Even director Gaurav has enacted his role of an antagonist to perfection.
Imman's music is good and his background has high impact while watching the movie. Ulaganath's cinematography is top notch and Praveen KL's editing is commendable.
Verdict: Sigaram Thodu is well-researched product and wholesome family entertainer.