TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Television actor Gautam Rode was allegedly cheated along with two other people for nearly 8 Crore by a developer. According to the reports, Rode and two others had booked a flat at a skyscraper in Goregaon West. But, the construction has not progressed beyond the 14th floor since 2016. Rode has filed a case against the developer at Mumbai Police's economic wing (EOW). Apparently, he has made a payment of Rs 2.11 Crore between May 2016 and March 2017.
Times of India stated that according to the FIR, Rode met the developer Atithi Patel in 2016 and was made to believe that a 55-floor building was under construction in Goregaon. The developer claimed to have all the resources for the project to proceed. The actor booked a 2445 sq flat on the 31st floor for Rs 4 Crore.
Rode was asked to pay a huge amount of Rs 1.5 Crore and an EMI of Rs 5 Lakh thereafter. He claims to have made a payment of Rs 2.11 Crore between 2016 and 2017, when Patel was the director. The FIR further stated that Rode was only provided with a booking form despite asking for an allotment letter several times.
When the construction wouldn't progress beyond the 14th floor, the actor asked the developer to return his money. But, he didn't receive what he had payed. The developer's representative told TOI that builders don't usually refund the money after cancellation, but have asked Rode to wait hoping for the best.