- Gautam Rode Celebrates His Birthday With Wife Pankhuri Awasthy [PICS]
- We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Gautam Rode & Pankhuri Awasthy In These Wedding Videos & Pictures!
- Meet Mr & Mrs Rode! Gautam Rode & Pankhuri Awasty’s Wedding Was No Less Than A FAIRYTALE Affair!
- INSIDE PICTURES: Gautam Rode & Pankhuri Awasthy Are Officially Married NOW!
- NEW PICS Of Gautam & Pankhuri’s Pre-wedding Ceremonies; Also Check Out Haldi Ceremony Pics
- Gautam & Pankhuri Look ‘Awwdorable’ In Salman & Katrina’s Dil Diyan Gallan Look At Their Sangeet!
Television actor Gautam Rode was allegedly cheated along with two other people for nearly 8 Crore by a developer. According to the reports, Rode and two others had booked a flat at a skyscraper in Goregaon West. But, the construction has not progressed beyond the 14th floor since 2016. Rode has filed a case against the developer at Mumbai Police's economic wing (EOW). Apparently, he has made a payment of Rs 2.11 Crore between May 2016 and March 2017.
Times of India stated that according to the FIR, Rode met the developer Atithi Patel in 2016 and was made to believe that a 55-floor building was under construction in Goregaon. The developer claimed to have all the resources for the project to proceed. The actor booked a 2445 sq flat on the 31st floor for Rs 4 Crore.
Rode was asked to pay a huge amount of Rs 1.5 Crore and an EMI of Rs 5 Lakh thereafter. He claims to have made a payment of Rs 2.11 Crore between 2016 and 2017, when Patel was the director. The FIR further stated that Rode was only provided with a booking form despite asking for an allotment letter several times.
When the construction wouldn't progress beyond the 14th floor, the actor asked the developer to return his money. But, he didn't receive what he had payed. The developer's representative told TOI that builders don't usually refund the money after cancellation, but have asked Rode to wait hoping for the best.