TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Television show India's Best Dramebaaz judge and Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi is celebrating his birthday today (September 3, 2018). Besides being a part of several amazing movies such as Omkara, Mission Istaanbul and Company, he is known for his philanthropic work. Vivek has been the choice behind many social issues and has been actively involved with organizations such as the WHO and PETA. From giving up meat consumption for a social cause to making huge donations towards the welfare of the under-privileged section of the society, Vivek Oberoi is selflessly giving and here's all you need to know about this side of his!
He Gifted A House To An Acid-attack Survivor
Vivek Oberoi in 2017 made a lot of news when he decided to help an acid-attack survivor by gifting her a flat for her wedding. He shared an image with the victim on Twitter and captioned it as, "Lalita is a true hero cz she proves 2 1000s of acid attck survivors nationwide tht this isnt a full stp,jst a comma,lyf hs mny possibilities." - (sic)
His Family Supports Him
Vivek is supported by his parents and wife Priyanka, who are also actively involved in educating slum kids and helping cancer patients for more than three decades now. His sister Meghna, who is an artist, donates funds for the cause by auctioning her artwork.
Vivek Has Lightened Others' Burden
According to the reports, Vivek has donated close to $3 million to date and has helped by collecting $25 million towards several civic and social causes.
What Philanthropy Means To Him
At a press conference Vivek said, "In my life, I am blessed to win awards for my acting. While after winning the award I do nothing but put them in a showcase, but when I go to Vrindavan and meet our kids, see them growing, it gives me immense joy and feels like their growth is my living award."