TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
The Indian Idol 10 host and an all-rounder Maniesh Paul has gone silent for his short film Black Briefcase and we can't wait to see him act! Known for his sense of humor, Maniesh, for years has kept his audience entertained. Now, the witty anchor will be seen playing a protagonist in a semi silent short film. He will be playing a dark role, venturing into a whole new genre.
In order to get him prepared the role, the crew was asked to not speak to him at all when he was on the sets. This was done in order to ensure he gets a hold of the character he will be playing. Apparently, Maniesh would walk into the sets and stay quiet the entire time.
Besides acting, Maniesh also has mastered other talents. He might come across extremely confident and prepared when he's on the stage, but admits to the fact that hosting is not an easy job. Previously, in an interview with Indian Express, he had spoken about all that goes behind delivering a good performance.
He said, "A lot of people assume that hosting requires you to just talk. And in return take back fatter cheques. But it's not an easy job. You need to know what you are talking about. It's also the job of the host to create moments with the celebs, judges and audience. You need to be able to keep them connected. You can't be a host by just reading the teleprompter."
"I wouldn't lie, it's not everybody's game. These days a lot of actors want to host but it requires a certain set of skills. People who feel that you can get away by flirting and cracking jokes, you are completely mistaken. You need to be well read and aware of the genre of show you are working. Also, I have always believed in being classy. You need to make the audience comfortable. They should be able to relate to you.", he further added.