- Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai: Saumya Tandon's Fan Threatens To Harm Himself, Lands At Her Residence!
- Saumya Tandon Says Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai Is Different From The Typical Saas-Bahu Genre!
- Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai's Saumya Tondon Breaks Silence on Quitting The Show, Is Pregnancy The Reason?
- Bigg Boss 11: Here’s What Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain’s Saumya Tandon Has To Say About Shilpa Shinde…
- Shahid Kapoor & Kareena Kapoor Weren't Talking To Each Other On JWM Sets: Saumya Tandon
- Saumya Tandon, Aly Goni & Ajaz Khan React To Sonu Nigam’s Azaan Tweets
- Relax Guys! Saumya Tandon Is NOT Quitting Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain!
- Saumya Tandon Looks Gorgeous In Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Jodha Avatar!
- #TrumpWin: Television Celebs’ ‘Hillary’ous Reaction On Donald Trump’s Victory
- Bhabhi Ji & Kapil Sharma’s Team Clean Bowled By Brett Lee! (PICS)
- Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain’s Saumya Tandon Is Back To Mumbai From Cannes!
- Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain’s Anita Bhabhi Aka Saumya Tandon In Cannes!
Krishna Janmashtami is an Indian festival that marks the birth of Lord Krishna. On this day of festivity, shops are filled with cradles and clothes for baby Krishna, and mouth-watering delicacies are served to cherish the special day. This year, many television actors such as Saumya Tandon from Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hai and Perfect Patti actor Ayush Anand shared their memories from this day with the Times of India. Talking about human pyramids breaking the dahi handis and savouring homemade Janmashtami-special thalis, this is what the television actors had to share about celebrating the day.
Saumya Shares Memories From Childhood
Remembering Janmashtami celebrations from her childhood, Saumya said, "This is the only day that we observe fast which later turns into feast with my mom's special Janmashtami thali. This thali and all the dishes that are part of it, are absolutely delightful. During childhood, all my friends and neighbours used to come home to enjoy this thali."
She Misses Her Mother
Who wouldn't love the festive food? Saumya couldn't resist her temptations when she said, "Some of the dishes that mom used to make were kotu ke aate ki puri, kele ke sabzi, makhane ki kheer, sabudane ki tikki and khus khus ka halwa. This year, I will miss all the delicious food as my mom is in London."
Saumya Is Scared Of Human Pyramids
"As far as the dahi handi celebrations, I am not really the kind of person to enjoy it. Looking at kids climb up so high, I feel scared for them. I just feel that anything that is unsafe or a threat to someone's life, shouldn't be encouraged," the actress further added.
Ayush On Enjoying The Delicacies
Perfect Pati actor Ayush Anand said his mother is a devotee of Lord Krishna, and begins the rituals at midnight by offering sweets to baby Krishna. "This is followed by puja and lovely delicacies that I love to gorge on. When I used to stay in Delhi, we used to travel to Vrindavan to celebrate the festival with my aunt and uncle," he further added.
Abhishek Looks Forward To The Breaking Of Dahi Handi
Bitti Business Wali actor Abhishek Bajaj said that he looks forward to the breaking of Dahi Handi, which is the highlight of the festival. He feels the human pyramids make the festival more special.