TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
The Tanu Weds Manu actor is all set to be seen on the American channel National Geographic. Madhavan will be hosting the show Mega Icons, which is based on the lives of some of the prominent personalities of India, including Virat Kohli, Kamal Haasan and Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. Mega Icons will premiere in September 2018, and will start off with Virat Kohli's life story. It is a 5-episode-long series. Each episode will focus in detail on the lives of the stars and the milestones that they have achieved.
Madhavan Will Question & Explore The Stars' Lives
The agenda of the show with a new format is to explore the lives of prominent personalities, in order to understand whether they were to be different or have risen to great heights from real-life experiences. Madhavan will be helped by scientists and psychoanalysts to achieve the same.
He Explains Further
"We enjoy watching each ball rushing towards the fence from Virat's bat. And the excellence that Kamal Hassan brings to the silver screen. But sometimes, we all sit back and wonder -- what really has made these Icons what they are today? Were these personalities just born to be great, and their success defined from day one? Or did their journey through life, their experiences and hard work, really shape them into the giants we revere."
He Is Excited
Madhavan told India TV in a statement, "I am excited to join National Geographic to decode this mystery, and bring to viewers a completely new and incredible perspective of what really goes into making an Icon."
Shruti Takulia Confirms
Shruti Takulia, the head of Productions, National Geographic and Fox Networks, said, "With Mega Icons, we aim to dive deep into the lives of India's most exalted men and women to find the answer to an elusive question -- are geniuses born or made? To start this conversation, we are glad to bring R. Madhavan on board as the host for the series."
She Praised Madhavan
"Having appeared in films from seven different languages donned multiple hats of actor, writer, producer and television host, Madhavan has a national appeal and an astute and curious mind. We are certain that he, along with the scientists and experts featured in our series, will be able to feed the curiosity of our viewers, who are always on a lookout for unique ways to comprehend the power of science and exploration."