- Balika Vadhu Fame Roop Durgapal Returns To Television After A Year's Break, Eye Injury Kept Her Away
- Balika Vadhu Actress Toral Rasputra Ends Marriage Of Five Years!
- Happy Birthday Avika Gor! Here Are Interesting Facts About The Balika Vadhu Actress
- Jana Na Dil Se Door Actor Shashank Vyas’ Major Transformation Will Leave You SPEECHLESS!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: This Actor Will Be Replacing Rohan Mehra…
- Check Out Balika Vadhu Actor Shashank Vyas’ New Look On Jana Na Dil Se Door (PICS)
- Balika Vadhu’s Reunion: Avika Gor, Toral Rasputra, Shashank Vyas & Others Come Together (PICS)
- Beautiful CLICKS: Avika Gor In Never Seen Before Avatar At Cannes!
- Shocking: Balika Vadhu Actress Pratyusha Banerjee Commits Suicide!
- Colors Golden Petal Awards: Check Out Nomination List; Helly, Kratika & Toral To Perform
- VIDEO: Ex-Bigg Boss Contestant Pratyusha Banerjee Attacked By (Fake) Cops; Police Deny Allegation!
- Comedy Nights’ Sunil Grover, Naagin’s Adaa Khan & Balika Vadhu’s Siddharth Shukla On Bigg Boss 9
Pratyusha Banerjee, the small town girl who became a household name, was one such television actress who made it big all by herself. Hailing from Jamshedpur, Pratyusha came to Mumbai with big dreams when she was in her teens still. Her character Anandi in Balika Vadhu won the fans' hearts instantly, and she was one of the most competitive contestants on the reality show Bigg Boss. Though the actress isn't with us anymore, her journey through television has been inspiring and will continue to remain so for years to come.
Her Mother Didn't Talk To Her Until She Achieved Her Dreams
Pratyusha's glamour world dreams began at an early age. She recalled once that she liked models ever since she was only 3 years old. When she came to Mumbai for the first time, her mother had told everyone back home that she wouldn't talk to Pratyusha until she achieved something in life. Her mother didn't see her face for more than half a year!
This Is How She Landed The Role Of Anandi
"I was called after they saw my Facebook profile. I had no idea about the audition so I just went there without makeup or anything wearing a long dress. I got shortlisted on day 1 but that was not for Balika Vadhu but for some other show of the same production house. I got rejected thrice by the same production house."
Pratyusha's Phone Was Taken Away
Pratyusha said that she got scoldings for months in a row when she started her acting career. Though the director scolded her a lot, she owes her success to him. It was when her phone was taken away that she realized her journey was not going to be easy.
She Quit Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa And Balika Vadhu
"I quit Jhalak for Balika Vadhu. I suffered from dengue, I was in ICU for three days and then I quit Balika Vadhu. I needed a change and wanted to experience new things" she had said.
Her Father Convinced Her To Act In Sasural Simar Ka
"I was in Puri when I got a call that the character was negative. I denied but then my father convinced me to take up the role. He cited the example of Shah Rukh Khan saying how he switches between characters. So I finally said yes to the role", Pratyusha had stated earlier.