- Bigg Boss Tasks That Were Too Extreme To Watch! Chilli Face Pack To Dung Bath, Tasks That Shocked Us
- Ravi Dubey's Wish For His Wife Sargun Mehta On Her Birthday Will Make You Go Aww!
- Bigg Boss: Celebrity Couples Who Shocked The Viewers With Their Intimacy On The Show!
- Pavitra Rishta Actress Ankita Lokhande Doesn’t Want To Talk About Sushant Singh Rajput!
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2: Kishwer Merchant & Kushal Tandon To Star On The Show? Here’s The Truth
- Hum Trailer Is Out: Kushal, Ridhima & Karishma’s Show Is All About Love, Relationship & Affairs!
Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas have been the talk of the town since their engagement last week. While many fans, co-stars and friends have congratulated her and Nick, trolls have been making fun of the 11 years age gap that exists between the two. Upon witnessing this, television actor Kushal Tandon took to his Twitter handle to slam the trolls. Though he didn't talk about the age gap directly in his tweet, he said something giving it back to the haters.
He wrote, "People trolling Priyanka just makes one thing clear, yea we get it, we get it, we Indians can't stand strong independent women, especially the ones that break the stereotypes. More power to you PC!". Addressing the age gap issue that prevails in our country, Kushal spoke on behalf of not only Priyanka Chopra, but many others who are bound by the societal norms.
It is a fact that actresses are targeted more than their male counterparts. Be it for dressing a certain way or being romantically involved with someone younger. Many celebrity couples in India and outside have a huge age gap between them, where the men are older. However, it was only Priyanka Chopra who decided to get hitched to a man younger to her by breaking the stereotypes.
It wasn't the first time that Kushal defended someone for being trolled. Previously, during Bigg Boss, when Hina Khan was subjected to trolling for using tap water for cooking instead of the RO water, Kushal took to his Twitter handle to extend support to his friend.
He wrote, "Maturing is realizing how many things don't require your comments, hence I don't comment on Bigg Boss, having said that....today I had to for a human reason. I'm not here to judge anybody but all those people who are saying Hina Khan has a huge problem for not using filtered but tap water for food is a big cry cry.....come on this was genuine. I'm sure people who are saying that's not a big deal. I'm sure they themselves must be washing hands also from Bisleri water from production cost." - (sic)