TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Row: All-party Meet Inconclusive; Will Stick To SC Order, Says CM Vijayan
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles India Launch
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- India Tour Of Australia: Ganguly Reveals Why Virat Kohli And Team Have The Best Chance To Beat Australia
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- India Beach Fashion Week: Swara Bhasker's Attire Is About Giving Festive Wear A Breezy Touch
- Wonderful Beaches In And Around Kanyakumari That Are Worth Exploring
Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas have been the talk of the town since their engagement last week. While many fans, co-stars and friends have congratulated her and Nick, trolls have been making fun of the 11 years age gap that exists between the two. Upon witnessing this, television actor Kushal Tandon took to his Twitter handle to slam the trolls. Though he didn't talk about the age gap directly in his tweet, he said something giving it back to the haters.
He wrote, "People trolling Priyanka just makes one thing clear, yea we get it, we get it, we Indians can't stand strong independent women, especially the ones that break the stereotypes. More power to you PC!". Addressing the age gap issue that prevails in our country, Kushal spoke on behalf of not only Priyanka Chopra, but many others who are bound by the societal norms.
It is a fact that actresses are targeted more than their male counterparts. Be it for dressing a certain way or being romantically involved with someone younger. Many celebrity couples in India and outside have a huge age gap between them, where the men are older. However, it was only Priyanka Chopra who decided to get hitched to a man younger to her by breaking the stereotypes.
It wasn't the first time that Kushal defended someone for being trolled. Previously, during Bigg Boss, when Hina Khan was subjected to trolling for using tap water for cooking instead of the RO water, Kushal took to his Twitter handle to extend support to his friend.
He wrote, "Maturing is realizing how many things don't require your comments, hence I don't comment on Bigg Boss, having said that....today I had to for a human reason. I'm not here to judge anybody but all those people who are saying Hina Khan has a huge problem for not using filtered but tap water for food is a big cry cry.....come on this was genuine. I'm sure people who are saying that's not a big deal. I'm sure they themselves must be washing hands also from Bisleri water from production cost." - (sic)