- Sunny Leone The Sultry Siren
- Sunny Leone's Key To Good Chemistry In A Relationship Will Help You Keep It Sparkling!
- Is Sunny Leone Gearing Up To Make Her Debut In Mollywood?
- Sunny Leone Shares A Heart-touching Post On Daughter Nisha's First ‘Gotcha’ Anniversary
- Karenjit Kaur: The Untold Story Of Sunny Leone Trailer Is Out! Watch It Here
- 'Don't You Have Clothes To Wear?' Sunny Leone, Daniel Weber TROLLED For Posting 'Inappropriate' Pics
- Baby Doll Singer Kanika Kapoor Refutes The Cheating Allegations Levelled Against Her! Read Statement
- Sunny Leone: I Went In A Direction My Parents Did Not Want Me To Go!
- HAPPY NEWS! Sunny Leone & Daniel Weber Are Now Proud Parents To Twins Via Surrogacy
- Sunny Leone Talks About Her Daughter: Nisha Is The Light Of My Life
- Attention Sunny Leone Fans! The Beauty Queen Will Visit Kerala Again!
- HORRIBLE! Some People Used My Old Images Against Me & I Found That Really Disturbing: Sunny Leone
Sunny Leone's recent television series Karenjit Kaur has received mixed reviews from the audience. While some have appreciated the truthful representation of her life, the others have criticized it for trying to build a positive public image of hers. However, Sunny Leone told in an interview with Mid Day that shooting the series was not easy for her, as she had to relive unpleasant moments from her life; including her parents' death. Karenjit Kaur is Zee5's 10-episode long television series based on the life of the former adult film star and her struggles.
'I Think, That Realization Hurt…'
"It was beyond difficult to shoot this series...I know my story and the choices I made, but I was not mentally aware of how it affected my family and the other people in my life. I think, that realization hurt,".
Reliving Her Parents' Death Was The Hardest
"I am aware that they (actors Grusha Kapoor and Bijay Anand, who play her parents) are not my real parents, but the feelings and situation were real. Seeing my on-screen father suffering from cancer, and my mother in a coffin, was not easy to relive. The heartache was not cathartic. While it was my choice to go through this all over again, I assumed that I was ready for it, but I was not,".
Sunny Only Wanted To Share Her Stor
When people commented that Sunny made this movie only to clear her public image, she said, "I don't know what people are talking about. My intention was to show the true story. The series is for fans who have always been by my side. I want them to understand that I am just like them."
She Was Not Keen On Doing The Series
"Shareen Mantri from Nammah Films and Daniel [Weber], my husband, came to me with this idea. After my last experience with a documentary, [Mostly Sunny on Netflix], I was not keen on doing anything. Shareen expressed her motive behind telling my story and the route she hoped to take. Something clicked. I wanted people to see a human story, which is probably not what they were expecting me to showcase."
Zee5's television series Karenjit Kaur: The Untold Story of Sunny Leone is directed by Aditya Datt and stars Sunny Leone. The series gives a peek into the life of the former adult film star and now a Bollywood actress. It is a 10-episode-long series, featuring actors Bijay Jaspit Anand and Grusha Kapoor as Sunny's parents.