TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Television actor Sushant Singh, known for hosting the show Savdhaan India, is having a hard time, as his younger sister Sofiya has been diagnosed with CIDP, an auto-immune disorder. He took to his Twitter handle to share the unfortunate news and seek help. He wrote, "This is an appeal friends. My younger Sister Sofiya has been diagnosed with CIDP. An auto-immune disorder, the only treatment of Steroids and Immuno-suppressants isn't working. Trying to find any new breakthrough, please RT and help us reach out to the right people".
In a recent interview with SpotboyE, he further spoke about the details of the disorder and how he's been dealing with it. When asked as to how they got to know about the condition he said, "Sofiya twisted her ankle and went to the doctor, who did a few tests to find out the cause as to why the ankle had twisted in such an unusual manner. It was discovered to our horror, that she was suffering from CIDP."
Talking about the treatment he said, "She has not responded to allopathy, essentially because this disorder cannot be cured with that mode of treatment. It is basically incurable. We are trying methods like yoga, ayurveda etc which have been suggested to us by the overwhelming response which I have got from my online post yesterday."
The actor further added that she cannot walk or stand without help. Sofiya has been looked after by her husband and 18-year-old son in Delhi. Sushant, who is just back from visiting her, said he would be shuttling between Delhi and Mumbai henceforth. Dhoom director Sanjay Gadvi and actor Randeep Hooda are a few among many from the industry who have called Sushant since the time he announced the sad news.