- Asha Negi Birthday: BF Rithvik Dhanjani, Friends Ridhi Dogra, Ravi Dubey & Others Shower Wishes!
- Anita Hassanandani Talks About Traveling With Rohit Reddy, Says She Loves Gambling!
- Naagin 3: Prince Narula To Play A Negative Role On The Show!
- Karan Patel Wishes His Wife Ankita Bhargava On Her Birthday In The Most Adorable Way!
- 6 Indian Television Actors Who Left Small Screen For Bollywood, But Ended Up Unsuccessful!
- The Quintessential Couple Anita Hassanandani & Rohit Reddy Grace A Magazine Cover!
- Naagin 3 Spoiler: Bela Kills Jamini; Tashvi Thakker To Play Young Bela Aka Ruhi!
- Yeh Hai Mohabbatein 1500 Episodes Celebration: Divyanka, Karan, Anita, Ekta & Others Party Hard!
- Naagin 3 Spoiler: Vish To Marry Chudail Jamini; Bela Worried!
- Naagin 3’s Pearl V Puri Celebrates His Birthday With Surbhi, Anita, Karishma & Others!
- This is How Rohit Reddy Slammed Trolls For Body Shaming Anita Hassanandani!
- Naagin 3 Spoiler: Major Twist! Mahir Is Vikrant, Vish & Vikrant Wanted To Kill Bela!
Today (September 5, 2018) is celebrated as Teacher's Day in India. This day is dedicated not only to the teachers who teach children in school, but to anybody who has been seen in the form of a guru. For some, their parents could be their best teachers and others might look up to the people who have inspired them in life. On this special day, Indian television actors such as Hina Khan, Vivek Dahiya and others share their thoughts on their gurus who helped them grow, and inspired them to be what they are today! While talking to TOI, this is what they had to say.
Hina Pays Tribute To Her Father
"My father has been my biggest strength, inspiration and a mentor who has guided me through all phases of my life. From my childhood days to now, he has been instrumental in shaping my life. Making me chase my dreams, helping me in my career, bringing me back to the correct path, he has done it all! He always taught me to ‘be myself' irrespective of the situation and people around me. He has never let me feel low for a longer time when things were going wrong. I aspire to be the person that he is someday."
Ekta Kapoor Has Been Anita’s Guide
Actress Anita Hassanandani said, "Ekta Kapoor is more than just a great friend. She has been a mentor, an inspiration and a constant guiding light. In all ways possible, she has been like a teacher. Just like a good teacher, she has taught me morals and ethics alongside professionalism. All these have helped me shape into a better person."
Vivek Dahiya Thanks His Mentor
"My mentor is someone I met during my modelling days, in Chandigarh. He used to work in the marketing team but is a wise soul, Anil Kadian. He is a writer, a poet, and a philosopher. I fondly call him my lamp post. A lamp post is something that gives you light when there is darkness. He persuaded me to live my dream and move to Mumbai. In many ways, I am here doing everything, because he guided me well. If I get stuck in my important life decisions, I do turn to him and look up to him. He has a better insight on life, it's almost like talking to a guru!"
Vahbiz Dorabjee’s Mother Helped Her Shape Up Her Career
"My mom Firoza is my mentor and has the biggest hand in my career and success today. She recognized my dream at a very young age. She started moulding me and guiding me in that direction. If I come across any problem or I am down or out, it is my mother who I can look up to. I am very lucky actually at times I can't believe she is my mom. At times I feel like she is my sister or best friend."
Pooja Banerjee Thanks Her Husband For Mentoring Her
"My husband Sandeep Sejwal has been a great support and a mentor. He has motivated me to be a better person and helps me calm down when I get angry. He gives insight into the situation objectively and he is the one who motivates me to work hard and stay fit physically and mentally. He encourages me to give priority to my career as he is committed to his career as a swimmer. I am fortunate enough to find a teacher, mentor and friend in my husband. I have developed a huge amount of patience, thanks to Sandeep."
Ssharad Malhotra’s Mentor Helped Him Through His Rough Times
"Anant Patwa my guide, mentor, my friend, walked into my life a couple of years back when nothing was working out right, the cards were down, energy levels were down, when life seemed impossible, he held my hand and pulled me through one of the most tough phases of my life some time back. It was like a God sent messenger introduced to me by my best friend for which I thank him for till date. We all need mentors at different stages of life and I'm lucky to have found one. He taught me to always remain positive in life irrespective of the situation and love your parents the most, as no one can replace them."