TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Sunday, March 26, 2006
Mumbai (UNI): In a star-studded function, Mrs Aarti Thakur from Mumbai was crowned ''No Marks Mrs India World 2006'' here today. She will now represent India in the Mrs World 2006 crown at St Petersberg, Russia, on April 23 when women from over 50 countries will vie for the coveted title. Mrs Frainy Ahuja was crowned the second runners up while Mrs Lavanya Rajesh was adjudged the first runners up last night. The judges were model and actress Amrita Arora, Zeenat Aman, actor Arbaz Khan, fashion designer Neeta Lulla, former Miss India Diya Mirza, and Mahesh Gupta.
Aarti Thakur, who is a fitness trainer and a mother of two, said she wanted to win the crown in order to prove herself and fulfill her ambition of taking up modeling as a career and start a grooming school of her own. It was the only one of its kind zonal pageant with four elimination rounds with introduction, swim suit, evening gown and question and answers, after which the ten semifinalists were Aarti Thakur, Frainy Ahuja, Nelanjana Arora, Meenakshi Sharma, Vibhuti Thakur, Nazma Nasir, Waheeda Johar, Sanddhya Suryavanshi, Lavanya Rajesh and Smita Singhal.
The sub-contest winners were as follows: No marks Mrs Flawless Skin -- Mrs Frainy Ahuja from Chandigarh, Colgate Advanced whitening Mrs Beautiful smile -- Mrs Aarthi Thakur from Mumbai, colourmate Mrs Beautiful hair -- Mrs Vibhuti Thakur from Mumbai, Mrs Style and Grace -- Mrs Sanddhya Suryavanshi from Mumbai, and Mrs Congeniality -- Mrs Sonal Sanghavi from Mumbai.