TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
By: Sunil Noronha
Friday, May 05, 2006
The actual impact that advertisements have on children is not a subject that has been reported and documented well. The impact infact is like the impact that any other broadcasted show should have on them. Children get attracted to TV shows for a very different reason, much unlike adults (Adults do enjoy that innocence once in a while). What they watch is quite stupid in term of an "adult sense". It is carefree and stupidly funny. My parents to this day still enjoy watching Tom and Jerry and cracking up at it.
Children are very gullible (the very nature of being children is gullibility aka innocence). Advertisements nowadays are fun and very rarely offensive. If offensive in a very subtle way that they wouldn't really realize until early mental maturity that it is offensive in any manner whatsoever. Advertisements today have come down from extremely for the intelligent and aware to for the kids and everybody older than them. This saves them from the susceptibility
There are the Amaron Car battery ads (which are perfectly kid safe), the ad in which Sachin Tendulkar does with his masked friends, all the Aamir Khan Coca Cola ads...they all spell fun. While the others are completely laughable at-the orbit white (man being a social animal), the Matrix SIM cards ad being the most humorous.
It is safe to say that our kids are safe from a bad influence on the account advertisements that they see on TV.