TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Monday, May 15, 2006
Cezanne Khan, who plays Anuraag Basu in Kasautii Zindagii Kay, has a new passion - learning the art of Shaolin Kung Fu.
Khan says this is his way of building concentration, discipline and focus for his next big step - into films.
Didn't you hurt your arm a few days ago, while practicing Kung Fu?
No, that's not true. I got hurt after I slammed into a door at home, and hit my hand. It wasn't anything serious, just a pulled muscle. I was fine in a day, after some medication. I practice Kung Fu at the studios, when I am doing my serial, "Kasautii Zindagii Kay". At home, I train every day, from 7 to 9 am, with my trainer, Mani Shankar Yadav.
What is Shaolin Kung Fu?
Shaolin Kung Fu deals with various forms of Kung Fu and teaches us how to handle different weapons - like the samurai, stick and manchaka; Kung Fu is a part of Shaolin Kung Fu. I am learning the complete Shaolin Kung Fu, which has a lot of weapons. I have already learnt to use the stick, knife and sword.
How long have you been training?
It's been almost six months since I started. I have always preferred martial arts to weight training. Martial arts always interested me.
You have a new friend in co-star Ronit Roy?
Yes, I like and respect him a lot. Today, I know him well and we often sit and discuss a lot of things on the sets. Recently, on TV, when all my co-stars blasted me and said nasty things, Ronit preferred not to comment. I can never forget that and will always appreciate it.