TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Friday, March 17, 2006
Jamshedpur(UNI): Popular Bengali film actor Chinmoy Roy inaugurated the eleventh Jamshedpur International Film Festival at Rajendra vidyalaya auditorium here today. Celluloid chapter, the renowned film society of the steel city acted as nodal organisation this time after organising the festival so far.
For the first time the film festival would also be held in the state capital Ranchi from March 20, said Amitabh Ghosh, Vice-President of the chapter. While 40 feature films and 24 short films would be screened during the six-day festival here, Ranchi cinegoers would get the opportunity to watch six feature films and 16 short films, Mr Ghosh said.
Apart from the Indian films, an Iranian film package would be screened for the memebers of the society. The inaugural film was Aparna Sen's english film-- ''15 Park Avenue'' while Bengali films like Rituporno Ghosh's ''Antar Mahal'' and Sandip Ray's ''Nishijapon'' besides hindi movies like ''Iqbal'' and ''Amu'' would be the main attraction of the festival.
Alam Ara platinum jubilee
New "couples singing" show on Zee TV