TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nagrota Attack: Free Run For Terrorists
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- Launch Alert: Huawei Mate 20 Pro To Launch On 27th November
- Deepika And Ranveer Bangalore Reception: All You Need To Know!
- F1 Raceweek: Alonso Farewell Looms
- Typhus - Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Monday, March 13, 2006
In the field of cinema and television, there is a lot of opportunity for those with skill in animation, special effects, editing and other technical skills. Some of the work for Hollywood films is being done in India now. For example, some work in Narnia that is running in theaters now. To do work on that magnitude and level, skilled talent is necessary. Knowing the need of the hour, Digital Magic has started the Digital Magic Visual Academy. The director Arul Murthy has this to say about his academy.
Digital magic is at the forefront of animation, editing and special effects. The graphics work done for films already released and some yet to be include 'Aathi,' 'Sudesi' 'Yuga', 'December 26', 'Sivakasi', 'Gusti', 'Manikanta' and 'Azhagai Irukkirai Bayamaai Irukkiradhu'. They have also created theatre and channel trailers and ads for films like 'Aathi', 'Madrasi', 'Mercury Pookkal', 'Sandakozhi' ,'Vanakkam Thalaiva', 'Manikanta', 'Sudesi', 'Perarasu' as well as providing technical know-how.
'December 26' has been transferred from video into film for the screen. Located at Virugambakkam in 8000 sq foot area, the studio has all facilities like Digital Intermediate, Film Scanning, Film Recording, Non-Linear Editing, Graphics, Digital cameras, Shooting Floor etc. Having many facilities like aesthetically designed classrooms, new computer lab, A/V library, Internet access, editing room, A/C Shooting Floor and Digital Theatre, it is located at 15, Muthuramalingam St, Virugambakkam, Chennai 600092.
Digital Magic is a leading organization in the film field, so the course is structured in a systematic manner.
- For training the students, liveℜ projects have been filmed.
- The teachers are experienced personnel in their respective fields. So the students will benefit greatly from their technical know-how.
- The students can get a job even when they are studying, so it gives them an opportunity to earn while they learn. Outstanding students will get a placement at Digital Magic itself.
- Since they are in touch with other studios, it will be easier for students to locate jobs.
- The students will get the opportunity to work with seasoned directors, cinematographers and other technicians on their projects.
- Outstation students will be helped to find accommodation.
- Deserving students will be given scholarships.
3D animation, Visual Effects, Non-Linear Editing, Motion Builder, Zbrush, Digital Cinema Production, Smoke Online Editing courses are being offered as these are most in demand. For those who already know 2D animation, 3D animation is taught in an easy manner."Because of our experience in this field for so many years, we are happy to offer these courses to students, so they can train and become foremost technicians and earn a good living," says Arul Murthy.