TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Friday, April 21, 2006
New Delhi (UNI): Doordarshan will telecast 'Rudravatar', a dance ballet based on the poem of noted Hindi poet Udbhrant, tomorrow on its national network on DD-1. The lyrics of the poem are based on a popular mythology which talks about Lord Vishnu's assurance to Goddess Earth, oppressed by Demon King Ravan, to take incarnation as son of King Dasrath.
Shaken with the cruelties of his staunch devotee Ravan, Lord Shiva decides to create his eleventh formation as Hanuman and narrates his virtues and prowess to Goddess Mother, who, in turn, assures to help Hanuman by bestowing on his immense power. Choreographed by Kathak Guru Jitendra Maharaj, the 50-minute ballet has its lyrics sung by vocalist Jitendra Singh. Produced by Ms Juri Pandey of Delhi Doordarshan, the ballet is presented by internationally acclaimed Katahak sister-duo Nalini and Kamalini.