TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJPs Unofficial Ally TRS Swing Muslim Votes In their Favour — Here's How!
- Neymar Helps PSG Secure Group C Top Spot
- Force Gurkha Xtreme Launched In India
- Now Send Voice Messages On Instagram — Here Is How It Works!
- RBI Board Meeting On 14 December — No Changes On Urjit's Abrupt Exit
- Suhana's Bollywood Debut — Here Is What SRK Has To Say
- Sunny Leone's Stunning Black & White Gown For The ITA Awards
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
Monday, March 27, 2006
Mumbai(UNI): Noted director Dev Benegal, known for films like 'English August' and 'Split Wide Open', has announced a new venture titled 24x7 in association with Hungama Mobile to produce 100 films in a year by young aspiring filmmakers. Talking to mediapersons here last evening, he said they intend to give participants, in the age group of 24 years or younger, 24 hours to conceive, shoot and edit their films. He said some selected participants can make their films using digital video cameras along with the state-of-the-art Apple Macintosh computers, running the Final Cut programme, to edit their films. This is the same system that Hollywood studios use for their million-dollar multi-star films.
Benegal said, ''It all started with an idea. What if for one week we could forget red tape, bureaucracy, development executives, financiers, underworld mafia, film commissions and people who stifle creativity. What if one could make films for free, without any demands. Hence 24x7 was born.'' ''These youngsters are the future filmmakers and some of them might take on Hollywood. The theme for 2006 is 'laughter and terror' which is the sign of our times,'' he said. He has tied up with Hungama Mobile for the same,'' he said. ''A filmmaker is born in 24 hours without attending any course or working as an apprentice. Let the young think young. This is the success of 24x7,'' he added.