TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
By Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Karan Johar's extremely popular chat show Koffee with Karan on Star is ready for a second innings. "I start shooting in January and I already have the guests lined up, of course. Who are they? Well there're only ten superstars followed by ten stars. So I can't vary the list from the first time. What I'm doing is to bring the stars in combination with sports-persons and politicians," reveals the chilled-out anchor.
Apparently Karan's wish-list of non-film celebrities on Koffee With Karan 2 will include a host of high-profile industrialists and sports-persons.
Says Karan, "We can't reveal names. But yes, they're names to reckon with. While the Q & A format remains unchanged I'll have to use a bit more hair dye, and the set by Sharmista Roy has changed. Yes, she has designed a completely new look for Koffee...Part 2. I hope to serve up a better brew this season....The coffee this time will be hopefully more steamy , heady and sexy.... Of course since I'm the host the quotient of sexiness is already very high," jokes the host with the most.
One major change that Star will introduce into the Koffee ... format is a live audience. Says a channel source, "Last time we felt the Karan's show would've surely benefited from the presence of an audience on the sets. After all, there's so much happening on the show."
The other exciting happening regarding Karan's talk show is that all the episodes from the first season will now be available on DVD. "Star felt there was a large audience wanting to see all the episodes repeatedly. We're releasing the DVD version of Koffee with Karan in January. It will first be out first in the UK and then in India." This is the first time that an Indian talk show on television will be available on the DVD format.
Is Karan looking forward to his return to television? "Oh absolutely! I love seeing myself on television. I love the thought of being watched by millions. As a child I was totally shunned by everyone. No one wanted to give this over-weight kid with a 42-inch waistline the time of the day. As a child I was Bridget Jones. Guess I'm making up for that now."