TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Mumbai, (UNI): Actor Kiran Karmarkar, who shot into fame as the character ''Om'' in Ekta Kapoor's daily soap ''Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki'' is all set to tickle the funny bones in Bhavana Balsavar's new play 'Merra Naam Joker.' Produced and directed by Shubha Khote, the play is a comedy of errors.
The story has a circus and a joker; true to its name but there is also a burglar who disguises as a joker to loot the households.
There are many plots skillfully crafted in the play interwoven into one that will send ripples of laughter among the audiences. This will be Kiran's first ever attempt at comedy. The play also stars Bakul Thakkar, Kranti Redkar, Bhavana Balsavar and Shubha Khote.
The first show of the play begins in Mumbai from Monday.
Talking to reporters here,Kiran said even though the new play is his first attempt at comedy it is not the first in theatre. In fact Marathi plays were the stepping-stone to his career, he informed.
He went on to Balaji Telefilms and bagged serials like Ghar Ek Mandir, Padosan, Kehna Hai Kuch Mujhko and Kahani Ghar Ghar ki.
He was awarded the best Television actor for the portrayal of Om in ''Kahani...'' at the Indian Tele Awards.
''Even though the character Om gave me fame, I felt stagnated in it after three years. So I quit the serial,'' he informed.
Meanwhile, Bhavana said Indian Idol finalist Amit Sana makes his playback debut in theatre for 'Merra Naam Joker'.
He has recently recorded the title track for play. The song has been penned by Bhavana Balsavar herself and composed by Raju Singh.