TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Nissan Motors Chairman & Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn Arrested For Misrepresenting Funds
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Offers: Heavy Discounts Available
- Deepika Padukone's Mangalsutra Gets All The Attention — Here Are The Pics
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Friday, March 10, 2006
Kolkata (UNI): The much awaited 'Kolkata TV' will launch its global Bengali infotainment channel on March 27 ending year-long speculation about exact date of its debut in the world class round the clock news and current affairs segment.
Announcing the launch date of the channel, Editor and Director of 'Kolkata TV', Suman Chattopadhyay said that in the first phase they would be reaching every nook and corner of the state, besides, covering Delhi and Mumbai. ''We will be catering to the demand of nearly 23 million Bengalis along the region,'' Mr Chattopadhyay said.
In the next phase, which was likely to start in the next few months, the entire north and south India, besides, other states in the eastern and north eastern region would covered, he added.
'Kolkata TV' would ensure a new experience in information and entertainment that would create milestones in the electronic media, he said.
Asked about the expenditure to launch the state-of-the-art modern channel, he said in the first phase the total cost would be Rs 50 crore. and the total expenditure would cross the Rs 100 crore mark on the completion of the second phase of the expansion programme.
Ekta Kapoor wins case against Sun Zarra producer, Salim Akhtar
Ekta's shows: Regressive or misconstrued?