TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
By: Sunil Noronha
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Television shows have followed a trend that has seen a few shows come about which centres around a certain topic till everybody picks it up and then you'd see a whole lot of shows about the same thing with only difference being the people playing the roles. These phases that prime time television have gone through are documented in the spate of family shows, shows about groups of friends hanging out and doing nothing, shows about ex's being best friends and even living together, shows about crazy families with kinky characteristics...you'd see them come in together fill up the sitcom calendar during the year and then phase out making place for the next set of sitcoms about the latest trend in sitcoms.
Friends was about a group of friends who just hung out during all the episodes. So was Seinfeld. Everybody Loves Raymond was about a crazy family just like the Dharma and Greg USP. Three Guys, a girl and a Pizza Place was somewhere in-between these two categories. The new Greys Anatomy is doing another E.R with more than a pinch of comedy just like Scrubs. The O.C was intended to be a romantic thriller like North Shore and One Tree Hill both catching on the "romantic thriller" drift. Now we have Desperate Housewives setting a new trend like Will and Grace. So we should expected some more gay TV serials and something more about our dirty secrets.