TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
Monday, May 08, 2006
Thiruvananthapuram (UNI): Prasar Bharti will start a new 24 hour Malayalam radio channel from May end, its CEO K S Sarma said today. Inaugurating the Thiruvananthapuram branch office, Prasar Bharti's marketing division, the eighth in the country, he said the new channel would be broadcast through Direct To Home (DTH) service.
Besides usual programmes, people throughout the country would be able to listen to music, drama and features on the new channel. Prasar Bharati would make special effort to translate good content from Malayalam classics to other languauges and broadcast it through its national channel, to show the nation what Kerala culture is.
He said with Prasar Bharti opening marketing divisions in various cities, it was providing single window service to customers to book advertisements on AIR and Doordarshan channels from anywhere in India. Aslo Present at the function were MP Panniyan Ravindran, District Collector N Ayyappan and N G Srinivasa, DDF(S)-Doordarshan and Maketing..