TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Updates: Ashok Gehlot & Sachin Pilot To Meet Rahul Gandhi
- Manchester City Vs Hoffenheim: City Through As Group Winners
- PTron Spunk Wireless Earphones With Bluetooth 5.0 Launched For Rs 2,999
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 ABS: Spy Pics Leaked
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Looks ROYAL At Isha Ambani's Wedding
- Sonam & Anil Kapoor's Ethnic Look At Isha Ambani's Wedding
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Aizawl (UNI): The Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP), the largest student body in the state has expressed displeasure against bringing in Manoj Bohra of 'Kasauti Zindagi Kay' fame to perform in peace festival here. MZP president Laltlansanga said 'this is not the right time to bring the popular serial actor to the state since the Kasauti mania is invading the lives of almost all young women and girls across the state, which already left a negative impact in the society'. The students organisation claimed that the latest high school leaving certificate examination has recorded a drop in the success rate of the girl students.
'The serial is aired for half an hour during prime time, followed by the Mizo dubbed version for another 30 minutes. Each and everyday, the students waste about an hour of time to study by watching their favourite serial,' the leader lamented. 'Neither we have any hard feeling about the actor nor we dislike him. However, it is the serial that is adverserly affecting our educational setup,' he said.
The organisers of the peace festival, who have already finalised a deal with the actor, were reluctant to change their plans but had to give in to the student's appeal. 'We had fixed up the deal at Rs 1.5 lakh for a brief stint of the actor on the stage. He has changed his shooting session for our show.
We have not to part with Rs 50,000 just to cancel the show,' Ruth Hranchal, the organising committee member said.