TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chennai: Schools And Colleges Shut For 48 Hours After Heavy Rain Alert
- The Jio Effect: Telcos May Discontinue Free Incoming Call Facility
- Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh's Bengaluru Reception Pictures
- Mahindra Alturas G4 Review First Drive — The Benchmark For Future Mahindra SUVs?
- Want An Easy To Ace Yet The Most Eye-catching Airport Look? — Take Cues From Anushka Sharma
- All About The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
- 1st T20I: Australia Beats India By 4 Runs
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
Monday, September 18, 2006
Bangalore (UNI): Taking leaf out of the popular hindi musical programme, the 24-hour Zee Kannada television channel has announced a new programme 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa' the biggest musical talent of Karnataka which would be telecast from the first week of October this year. Addressing newsmen here today the Zee Kannada channel's programme head Malavika, said the programme was largely inspired by the national channel Zee Hindi's similar programme however it was being presented to the viewers of Karnataka incorporating its uniqueness and local outlook.
She said that the one-hour programme would be an opportunity being for aspiring young and skilled talent in the state. She said that the the unique music based programme would be anchored by renowned music director Rajesh Krishnan with well known singers Raju Anantha Swamy and Rathnamala Prakash would be judges. She said that the mega hunt would begin with auditions conducted across Karnataka. The state has been divided into four zones, with two centres in each zone. The Audition centres were in Mysore, Hassan, Shimoga, Davanagere, Raichur, Hubli, Mangalore and Bangalore.
Outlining the process of selection she said that the 13 young talents both from men and women in the age group of 18 to 25 and would be shortlisted and the actual elimination rounds would be held in Bangalore where contestants selected from eight zones would compete with each other. Mr Venkat Giridhar, Business Head, Zee Kannada said within short span three months the Channel had attained popular among the Kannada viewers. There was also a proposal to start news bulletin from November this year, he said.