TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
Friday, November 17, 2006
The name 'Raavan' has always been associated with 'evil' and has become infamous for kidnapping Sita and raging a battle against Ram. The character who has always been hated with utmost intensity is now going to be showcased in a new light!
Zee Television will soon launch Ravan, a mythological drama. The show is expected to kick off on November 18th at 9 pm - A prime time weekend slot.
A lot of research has gone into the subject and the script has been written with authentic references. Though we have all heard stories of Ravan being a staunch devotee of lord Shiva, a scholar, and a grandson of Lord Brahma, the serial will reveal the unknown facts about the life of Raavan, and the situations that changed him for worse.
This is the first time in the history of Indian television that the viewers will get a different perspective of the 'evil Ravan' that everybody loves to hate!
Zee is likely to promote the serial on a large scale by advertising on the channel, radio and also using outdoor locations.
As per reports on a leading website, the costs for the lavish sets is around Rs. 10 million. Apparently, Rs. 1.5-1.6 million is spent on every episode of the show. Though the storyline and the research methodology sounds interesting, it is yet to be seen if the new 'Ravan' can entice the audience!