TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Monday, June 25, 2007
Aarti Singh who plays Soni Malhotra in Zee TV's five month old show 'Maayka' happens to be the niece of Bollywood actor Govinda.
Acting runs in her blood and she is very passionate about her work but by now the audiences must be wondering as to why her character Soni, the second daughter of the family, is not given much importance in comparison to Raaji and Maahi played by Urmila Kanitkar and Neha Bamb respectively.
When the actress was asked about this, she said, "When I had signed the show, I was being told this. I'm keeping my patience."
The buzz is that the time has come for this actress as from July onwards her efforts will be paid off as her character gets more concrete. This is good news for not only Aarti but for her family as well which includes her actor brother Krishna Abhishek, who was in news recently for his relationship with Kashmira Shah and her maasi(aunt) Kamini Khanna who is an actress, anchor and a composer in her own right. She says her family is very proud of her and Govinda has been greatly supportive.
"Chi Chi uncle has even appreciated my acting skills when he got the chance to catch a few episodes of the show" ,reveals Aarti.
So watch out for Aarti aka Soni as she gears up for some action in the process making her folks proud.