TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Amit Behl, who plays the character of Babuji in "Mamta", had to cope up with bad times recently when he was asked to leave "Paraya Dhan" only three days after joining it. Looks like this incident hit him hard and if sources from the sets of "Mamta" are to be believed, he has been reporting to the sets of the Zee show drunk these days.
"Of late, Amitji has been coming late for all the late night shoots of "Mamta" drunk. I believe it helps him to beat stress", discloses our source. On his part, Amit Behl admits to drinking to help him to unwind, but denies being drunk at work. "Actually I drink whenever I am stressed out due to work. I probably drink twice a week or so at home. But I don't go on the sets drunk," clarifies the 'slowly wearing out actor' when confronted with the news.
However, the disappointment of being thrown out of "Paraya Dhan" is very much there. "Actually there was a problem of dates as I had little time. I was working for my movie "Ek Dastak" and also for "Mamta" simultaneously. I almost work for 25 days in a month and so it was not possible to manage. For my movie, I had lost weight and this did not suit the role in "Paraaya Dhan". So it was the channel and not the producer, which was not happy. I am not very satisfied with the role I am playing in "Mamta", as it's much older than my actual age. One good thing is that in my forthcoming movie I am not playing the role of some aged man," he explains.
Whether he admits it or not, it is evident that the actor is feeling that he is not getting his due, in spite of being around for donkeys' years. Now you can't blame him either. After all, he needs a stress buster as long as things in his career don't fall in place.