TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Monday, July 16, 2007
Things were not looking right for the Maayka team after the serial shifted hands from Classic Productions to Creative Eye. Most of the actors rebelled against the new production house and as a result nine of them got sacked. Coming to the rescue to get the serial back on track is Aroona Irani. The Bollywood actress will be replacing another artiste playing Durga Khurana, an important negative character in the serial.
The name behind successful shows like Desh Mein Nikla Hoga Chand, Vaidehi, Mehndi Tere Naam Ki and Rabba Ishq Na Hove, Aroona says: "I was approached for this role when the channel had handed over the show to a new production house. I took it up because it held my interest. Moreover, for a long time now I have not played a negative character."
The veteran knows that it is difficult to step into someone's shoes but also believes "that acceptance comes with time". And what about her own production Doli Saja Ke? "I have an episode bank. I have 40 episodes on hold and the number will not reduce," she informed. Thoughtful, indeed.