TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Balaji Telefilms' blue eyed girl Prachi Desai beat Sudha Chandran to the wild card entry and danced her way into 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' this week. Contestants came and went, and the wild card entry was kept only for two people (is it just a mere co-incidence that they both are working in Balaji shows with Prachi being the bigger favourite out there?). And the wild card too has gone Prachi's way when she scored over Sudha Chandran who deserved more sympathy votes owing to her age, her leg and her undying spirit.
Seems the 'Jhalak' team is only fully clear about the so called wild card re entry process that they have introduced as the others are still confused about the same. But it's quite clear as to why there was such a big hue and cry over Prachi's ouster a fortnight back? Hopefully the wild card entry was not just a ploy in the guise of 'bending rules of an international formatted show for the sake of talent' to get her and only her back on board. As if all other contestants were signed for the show just for the heck of it and they were not talented and deserving in any way.
No wonder the remaining contestants without a backing- Sonali Kulkarni, Sandhya Mridul and even Mir Ranjan Negi seem to be not too comfortable with the recent scheme of things. After all, Jai Bhanushali, Ronit Roy and the comeback girl Prachi are on the luckier side with judge Jeetendra's blessings and the mighty Ekta Kapoor with shows coming up on Sony to back them up. Looks like the other contestants made a mistake by signing the show this year. It would have been better if it was only meant for Balaji artistes to showcase their dancing talent and their people only would have decided who they wanted to be crowned as the winner. After all what's happening now is also not too different from that!