TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nagrota Attack: Free Run For Terrorists
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- Launch Alert: Huawei Mate 20 Pro To Launch On 27th November
- Deepika And Ranveer Bangalore Reception: All You Need To Know!
- F1 Raceweek: Alonso Farewell Looms
- Typhus - Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Monday, September 10, 2007
In the lap of nature, Ladakh
I have visited many tourist places but I love Ladakh the most. I spent some of my school days there as a result of my father's Army posting. I guess, I was in the tenth standard then. I enjoyed myself a lot since there was plenty of snowfall in the area.
There is a beautiful lake named Pagongso Lake, one of the coldest in the region. But you wouldn't mind the frosty wind one bit when you see the scenery around the lake surrounded by breathtaking mountains, it's almost like heaven. I was completely bowled over.
Since we were living in the Army camp there was no need to worry about food. I really relished the meals there, they were very different. I was not old enough to go shopping alone but I used to tag along with my mother on her trips to the local market.
Do carry lots and lots of warm clothes when you visit a place like Ladakh. It is extremely cold, with snowfall all the time, and you hardly get to see the sun. But the scenic beauty and the mountain air more than make up for it.