TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Motorola One Power Review — A Decent Mid-Tier Smartphone
- Kerala's Beachside Of Vatakara Is Simply Mesmerising
- Are You A Foodie? — If Yes, Check Out The Oldest Food Items Eaten Around The World
- Lata Mangeshkar On #MeToo —
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Stuart Law suspended for 2 ODIs
- BNP Recruitment 2018
Monday, October 01, 2007
We all know that Ekta Kapoor turns to her father Jeetendra"s movies for inspiration for her stories. And other creative heads are not that different. The latest serial to catch the Bollywood bug is Betiyaan, on Zee. And the source of inspiration is none other than the SRK hit, Baazigar. Here are a few similarities:
Karan comes to the Goradia House as their saviour – in the movie, Ajay comes to Madan Chopra's house as the son he never had, and impresses him. Karan's mother does not recognize him because she is unwell - Ajay's mother is unwell in the movie. Karan's mother begs the Goradias to clear her husband's name of all allegations, made by his employers, and she is insulted – Ajay's mother begs her husband's employers to clear his name, and is insulted.
Karan, as a child swears to avenge all the humiliation – Ajay swears revenge as a child, at his father's pyre.
However, to be fair to the writers of the serial, there are some differences between their script and that of Baazigar, and we made a note of those too: Karan's aim to seize the Goradia property – Ajay wants his father's property back.
Karan pretends to be in love with the main girl, Lakshmi - Ajay takes a longer route, pretending to be in love with the elder sister first.
Karan does not have any feelings for Lakshmi – Ajay falls for Priya.
Karan tortures Lakshmi – Ajay never hurt Priya.
And, we cannot overlook the fact that Baazigar itself was a lift from a Hollywood movie. Life is like the movies.