TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Kids Media India (KMI) is poised for a unique launch in India: it is going to introduce Indians and other South Asian nations to the animated character, Doraemon. KMI is owned by a Dubai-based company SpaceToon Media International, that is in the business of children's television programming and licensing of cartoon characters. Launched in July 2006, KMI has been appointed as the agency of the Hong Kong-registered Animation International, which is the licensor for Doraemon and other media properties.
The Space Toon group, which was launched way back in 1976, is reckoned as one of the leading media groups involved in radio, licensing, merchandising, online and interactive products. Its premier channel, SpaceToon Kids TV broadcasts to over 130 million viewers in 22 countries throughout West Asia and North Africa, and aims at launching similar channels primarily aimed at kids in Korea, Russia, and India.It is considered as the most watched children's channel in its region.
In India, KMI will be primarily focussing on licensing, merchandising, syndication, promotions and events for its database of animated properties. The toon character Doraemon will be shortly available countrywide for licensing for use by book publishers, children's apparel manufacturers, toys and games, accessories, footwear, watches, party goods, stationery and gift items and similar other consumer commodities.
Animation International, apart from Doraemon, has an impressive distribution list of toon characters, such as Jungle Book, Chibi Maruko, Ochaken, Panda Z, Post Pet, Let's&Go, and many more.The Doraemon series will make its debut this July on Hungama Television at 4:30 pm, a prime slot. To have nationwide visibility, the major focus will be on promotional licensing and events.