TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
By: Goher Iqbal Punn, (Bollywood&TV Analyst)
Friday, January 19, 2007
Since Zee TV has re-launched its mammoth musical show 'Antakshri' and that is running successfully on the channel, Star One has also brought the mother of all game shows back on screen. Well, Star One's 'Antakshri' is back on track too. This time, the title track and the signature tune has been amended to give it a new style.
The famous singer with sharp voice, Kunal Ganjawala, for the first time on television, teams up with his singer wife Gayatri Iyer (now Gayatri Ganjawala) to render the title track of Star One's Antakshri - The Great Challenge. Kunal completed this song in a record 45 minutes along with his better half.
On this title track, Kunal chips in saying, "Gajendra Singh has always wanted me to work with my wife on television. Antakshari-The Great Challenge has a new format and has been modelled to appeal to the masses and youth alike. The title track therefore has a very pop feel to it. Gayatri and I have worked earlier for Bollywood songs but not for television. The audiences heard us last in the song, 'because I love you' from the movie 'Anthony Kaun Hai'. Gajjendra Singh felt that our voices will lend the freshness that is required for this mega show".
Starting his career as a jingle vocalist under the compositions of the popular musicians' duo Salim-Suleiman, Kunal had been tutored by Purnima (the famous Bollywood singer) whom he regards as his guru. Kunal had met Gayatri for the first time while singing jingles and then their love blossomed and they tied the knot.