TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Monday, October 08, 2007
Actress Manava Naik is known to be very experimental. Besides being a travel freak, she loves picking up new skills, especially new languages. Her latest hobby has been to learn French. Incidentally, Manava's elder sister is a French professor at a university. So Manava enjoys free classes from her.
But this is not the first occasion when Manava has tried learning a new language. While working in J.D. Majethia's "Baa Bahu or Baby", Manava gradually mastered Gujarati.
Then while working for "Teen Bahuranniya" aired on Zee TV, she learnt good Punjabi. The character of the daughter-in-law named Manjeet required Manava to deliver parts of the dialogues in Punjabi, instead of Hindi.
"I have always been interested in language and culture. Initially, I found picking up Punjabi words really hard." But soon, Manava's patience ran out and she simply it gave up. Now, once again, Manava feels the urge to pick up the thread from where she had left. "I found learning Punjabi more difficult than learning French," the actress says