TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election Results 2018 Updates: The Numbers At This Hour And Its Still Not Final
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition India Launch — Catch The Live Stream Here
- Markets Trade Higher Post State Election Results
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- Sonakshi Sinha's Red Dress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Monday, October 08, 2007
Actress Manava Naik is known to be very experimental. Besides being a travel freak, she loves picking up new skills, especially new languages. Her latest hobby has been to learn French. Incidentally, Manava's elder sister is a French professor at a university. So Manava enjoys free classes from her.
But this is not the first occasion when Manava has tried learning a new language. While working in J.D. Majethia's "Baa Bahu or Baby", Manava gradually mastered Gujarati.
Then while working for "Teen Bahuranniya" aired on Zee TV, she learnt good Punjabi. The character of the daughter-in-law named Manjeet required Manava to deliver parts of the dialogues in Punjabi, instead of Hindi.
"I have always been interested in language and culture. Initially, I found picking up Punjabi words really hard." But soon, Manava's patience ran out and she simply it gave up. Now, once again, Manava feels the urge to pick up the thread from where she had left. "I found learning Punjabi more difficult than learning French," the actress says