TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Saturday, February 10, 2007
'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge' contestant Nihira Joshi is now a promising Bollywood talent. Her song 'Mera Dil' from Salaam-E-Ishq has become a big chartbuster. Nihira was over the moon after she learnt that she is singing the song with Sa Re Ga Ma Pa anchor Shaan.
"But technically, I didn't sing with him because our voices were recorded separately. I came to know that Shaan is also giving his voice only after I finished recording my part. It felt great though as it's been a long association with Shaan. I have known him much before Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. I had won a contest in my childhood for a channel EL where he was the host. Now I have also done the Radio City jingle with him," she reveals.
Nihira also has an international project in her kitty, Salman Khan's international project Marigold. "I have worked with Shankar Ehsaan Loy for Marigold. I have sung a very Arabic dance number which is in Hindi", she informs. And it doesn't not end there. "I have sung for an album, called Rasiya Sajan as well and there are others in the pipeline", quips Nihira who has also sung the title song of the hit Balaji serial 'Kasamh Se'. It's obvious that not winning Sa Re Ga Ma Pa hasn't prevented the singer from exploring her talent. "It is not just winning that is important. Being a part of it is enough, since you get a lot of exposure and it does help. I got a call for Salaam-E-Ishq five days before my elimination from Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. Life has been really good. I have learned a lot from my experiences", signs off Nihira on a happy note.