TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
Friday, July 13, 2007
Rajshree Thakur has redefined beauty on Indian television with her role of Saloni in serial Saath Phere. The dark-complexioned actress talks about her faith in the character she is playing and the show's success.
How does it feel to be a part of a successful show?
Very good, especially since it is my first exposure in television.
How easy or difficult is it for you to play Saloni and what are the similarities, or lack of it, between the reel and real you?
It is not too difficult to portray the character of Saloni. However, at times it is challenging when I do not agree with what Saloni is doing. We are quite similar, emotional yet sensible and compassionate. The only difference is that I don't listen to anybody and don't accept my mistakes easily, whereas Saloni owns up even if she is not at fault.
How hopeful were you that the character of a dark-complexioned girl would click?
I knew that it is different from the characters in the other serials and thus it would work. What I did not expect was that Saloni would become so popular with the masses.
What is the best compliment that you have ever received?
We were shooting in Singapore when a lady walked up to me and said her daughter used to dislike Indian clothes but had started wearing them after watching me in Saath Phere.
Your take on Sharad Kelkar who plays your husband on screen?
I'm lucky that we have clicked well. Since we are comfortable with each other, we can go through any scene easily.
What if the show requires you to go for an age leap?
I cannot tell you anything right now. I might say no now but agree later.