TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Friday, February 09, 2007
Did you know that most television shows in Mumbai are often marred by news regarding arguments, violence and fights on the sets?
If you didn't, let us tell you about a recent incident that occurred on the sets of Zee's Jab Love Hua. Rameshwari, who plays the character of Janki Amma in the show had to wear clothes for a wedding sequence, but she didn't like her costume. "I had to wear something overly fashionable. It was actually a typical wedding gown as my son in the soap was getting married to a Mumbai bride." But she refused to put on such gaudy clothes for the shoot.
According to sources, when Rameshwari objected to her costume, she was sternly ordered to follow the orders or face consequence. And finally she had to give in without much protest.
Listen to what Rameshwari has to say on this tiff. "I normally wear western clothes and couldn't make up my mind to wear this attire. Since I am playing the role of a widow in the soap, wearing a wedding gown with a shoulder lift seemed quite awkward to me. But no one threatened me to wear the clothes. My producers Deeya and Tony Singh are very sweet and are very protective. Instead, I was arguing with them for making me wear such clothes," she says.
But the best part after this entire hullabaloo was the final result. "After I wore the clothes I was looking like a doll. The dress was four inches loose on me and hence it didn't appear to be obscene at all."
You are indeed a wise lady Rameshwari, for fusses over wearing clothes is impasse in Bollywood these days!