TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Sahara One authorities have tried all the tricks to boost the TRPs of the channel, but failed to achieve the desired results. They have hosted game shows, numerology shows, comic series, woman-based and all, but with little success in gaining popularity among the viewers.
Now having failed in all their previous endeavours, the channel authorities are drawing inspiration as well as some solace from Star One's The Great Indian Laughter Challenge. No doubt, these days they too are embracing comedy shows in a great way! They have christened their one-hour stand-up comedy show that went off the air on February 12 as 'Comedy Champions'. It will be beamed at 10.30 from Monday to Friday.
The channel authorities have claimed that the show will comprise "superb, humorous performances" by 13 (unlucky, did you say?) talented and popular comedians across the country. Sahara has already roped in Raju Srivastav, Sunil Pal, Parag Kansara, Dr. Tushar Shah, Uday Dahiya, Rasik Maharaj, Ekesh and many others for the show. Khayali Saharan and Jonita Doda will be the host of the show.
But haven't all of them become synonymous with the rival channel Star One? Maybe. But Sahara One doesn't mind if the move fetches audiences even in the name of Star One! Just like Sahara One got its name from it, it must now be planning to get audiences using the services of the comedians of Star One. But we all know that Star One people must be smiling now and will definitely have the last laugh!