TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
You have seen her portray the character of a 21-year-old sweet natured Muslim girl in the Sahara One serial 'Zaara'. Yes, we are talking about none other than Samiksha Jug, the lead actress of the serial. She had previously acted in South Indian movies and this is her first venture in the Indian television industry.
But did you know that unlike most lead actresses, Samiksha is already married? On being asked about her marital status, Samiksha admitted, "Yes, I am married to my childhood friend". The couple tied the knot few months ago.
"We were friends since childhood and my parents asked me to marry him. Since this is the right time in my life, I too agreed," said this beauty from Chandigarh. Unwilling to name her better half, Samiksha says that he does not belong to the industry.
Nevertheless, we are sure that Samiksha is managing her married life well. Thanks to her loving, caring and understanding husband we did not miss a good actress!
But is it true that the lead actress of a serial being married makes any difference to the shows? When we asked, Samiksha answers negatively. "No, this does not affect actresses in television serials. But it maybe true for movies. In movies, the actress becomes a dream girl of the masses and when it is known she is married, she looses her popularity". Samiksha, however, feels that such an audience attitude is not healthy.
Meanwhile, Samiksha says that she is willing to work with Ekta Kapoor though at present she has not received any offer and wants to put best into Zaara. "Ekta Kapoor has raised the level of serials in India. She has made them comparable to films," says an impressed Samiksha.
Wishing you the best for you married life Samiksha! At the same time, we hope to see you work with Ekta some day!