TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
Friday, July 13, 2007
Television actor Sharad Kelkar has finally made a mark on screen as the typical good husband in Zee Tv's leading show Saat Phere. Here's how he links his role and reel life.
What according to you keeps the show ticking?
I think it is the story and not essentially the characters. What is shown is so real that people easily relate to it. There is not much of exaggerated melodrama.
What inputs do you put into the character of Nahar from your personal experiences?
Quite a lot. The emotions that I bring into my character are from my real life experiences. It only makes things better.
So do you resemble Nahar in real life?
Yes, I resemble Nahar quite a lot. That's why I feel at ease playing the character. The only difference is that Nahar is an angry young man, I'm not like that. Otherwise, emotionally I am pretty much the same.
Would you like to play a part in a male-oriented story?
I believe that the character is important, be it a male-oriented or a female-oriented show. As long as the character is strong and people like it, I could even act in a kids show.
Are you willing to play an aged man if the story takes a leap?
I do not mind age leaps. I accept a character if it holds good. I do not mind playing an aged character.
Have you made good friends on the sets of Saat Phere?
We are like a family. We address each other by our reel names like bahisa or kakisa.
Do you miss Keerti since she has come and left the show twice?
100 per cent. I hope they bring her character back.