TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
Saturday, November 24, 2007
It has been a while since Smriti Irani left 'Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'. There were rumours about a fallout with Ekta Kapoor, too. In the meantime, Smriti has played roles that are as different from Tulsi Virani as possible, although she has not really been accepted as anything other than Tulsi.
Now the household name will be seen on 9X in 'Mere Apne', as Sharda Pandey. And viewers have a lot of expectations from this character, more so because it is closer to Tulsi than Smriti's recent roles. Also, it is possible that she will imbibe some of the characteristics that Tulsi was known for.
Smriti, however, denies this, saying, "I always look forward. It is not in me to look at the past." The actor adds that she has given seven years of her life to the character of Tulsi, and she is done with it. The character of Sharda is that of a woman of strong nerves outside, but made of wax otherwise.
She may not look into her past too deeply, but the fact remains that Balaji has not been able to forget its original Tulsi. The Balaji team is willing to welcome her back into the fold, with open arms. To prove this, Ekta Kapoor made sure that she was amiable with Smriti at the recent Telly Awards. Smriti has a different version to put across. She says, "I never left Balaji. If they are willing to invite me gracefully, I will go back."
Smart words from the epitome of a perfect bahu.