- Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi Completes 18 Years; Smriti Irani & Ekta Kapoor Make Fun Of It!
- RIP Sridevi! From Katrina Kaif's Heartfelt Post To Jacqueline Fernandez's Musical Tribute
- Smriti Irani Responds To Online Petition Filed Against Pehredaar Piya Ki; Will The Show Be Banned?
- #17YearsOfKyunki: Ekta Kapoor Reveals How Her Life Changed With Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi!
- Blast From The Past! Did You Know Shahrukh Khan Named Smriti Irani’s Stepdaughter?
- Did You Know? Vinod Khanna & Smriti Irani Had Done A Television Show Together?
Saturday, November 24, 2007
It has been a while since Smriti Irani left 'Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'. There were rumours about a fallout with Ekta Kapoor, too. In the meantime, Smriti has played roles that are as different from Tulsi Virani as possible, although she has not really been accepted as anything other than Tulsi.
Now the household name will be seen on 9X in 'Mere Apne', as Sharda Pandey. And viewers have a lot of expectations from this character, more so because it is closer to Tulsi than Smriti's recent roles. Also, it is possible that she will imbibe some of the characteristics that Tulsi was known for.
Smriti, however, denies this, saying, "I always look forward. It is not in me to look at the past." The actor adds that she has given seven years of her life to the character of Tulsi, and she is done with it. The character of Sharda is that of a woman of strong nerves outside, but made of wax otherwise.
She may not look into her past too deeply, but the fact remains that Balaji has not been able to forget its original Tulsi. The Balaji team is willing to welcome her back into the fold, with open arms. To prove this, Ekta Kapoor made sure that she was amiable with Smriti at the recent Telly Awards. Smriti has a different version to put across. She says, "I never left Balaji. If they are willing to invite me gracefully, I will go back."
Smart words from the epitome of a perfect bahu.