- Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Sonam Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan Wish Everyone A Happy Independence Day
- Anand Ahuja's Birthday Celebrations: Sonam Kapoor Shares Pics Of Her Special Surprise For Him!
- Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga To Release On 1st February, 2019!
- Sonam Kapoor Was Asked If She Loves Muslims & Pakistani Followers; Replies What 'Hinduism' Preaches
- NEW INSIDE PICS: How Aishwarya Rai, Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan PARTIED ALL NIGHT At Sonam's Wedding
- Sonam Kapoor Recaps Inside Details About How She Fell In Love With Hubby Anand Ahuja!
Which were your favorite films of 2007?
I loved both Saawariya and Om Shanti Om. And although Sanjay Bhansali and Farah Khan were rivals, I really love both of them.
You've been copying the colors and shot-takings of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya in one of your new soaps
(Chuckles) Yes, the show is called Kya Dil Mein on 9 X. It's a love story set in a Bengali family. It's my first drama, as opposed to soaps. It's a 60-episode serial. I've adapted it from two novels. This year I've fallen in love with two filmmakers Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Farah Khan. Sanjay's work I've always loved. He didn't disappoint me with Saawariya.
What about the two newcomers?
I am so proud of Ranbir. I always thought he was the over-privileged boy with the golden spoon. When I saw him, I was shocked. I sms-ed him. And Sonam Kapoor is my 'bachchi'. Her mom and I were very close friends. When we had time on our hands, we used to take long walks together. Sonam was only 13, and so tall and pretty. I was very protective towards her.
Why Prachi is being launched in movies by Farhan Akhtar?
See, Prachi is my blue-eyed baby. I wish her absolutely the best in life. Not just me, but even my mom and dad think she's a wonderful actress and a lovely human being. We will definitely do movies with her after she finishes Farhan's film. Gattu (Abhishek Kapoor) who is directing Farhan's film with Prachi is my first cousin. So it's all in the family.
You read extensively for inspiration for your soaps?
I used to read a lot when I was younger. Kahiin To Hoga was very strongly inspired by Jane Austen's Pride&Prejudice. Now I've a team reading. But I prefer to pick up ideas from real life. Soaps made from novels become more of sagas.
So now you've started delegating responsibility instead of running a one-woman show?
I have thorough professionals to take care of every department. You know, it's a myth that I don't like to delegate responsibilities at Balaji. Find me the right executives and I'll happily let them do their job. I know nothing about events management. I've these wonderfully capable minds and I follow them blindly.