- Saat Phere set to take a generation leap
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2: Ekta Kapoor Finally Reveals The Identity Of The Actress Who'll Play Komolika
- Here’s What Jennifer Winget Aka Sneha Bajaj Has To Say About Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2!
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2: Did Ekta Kapoor Hint That Krystle Dsouza Would Be The Next Komolika?
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2: Erica Fernandes, Parth Samthaan & Hina Khan To Shoot In Kolkata!
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2: Erica Fernandes & Parth Samthaan Shoot The 2nd Promo, Shweta Praises Erica!
Shweta had been nominated for her role in Kasautii Zindagi Kay as Best Actress.
Says a source from Balaji, "Shweta was nominated for Best Actress along with Prachi Desai (Kasamh Se), Sakshi Tanwar (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) and Rajshree Thakur (Saat Phere).
At the grand finale, after Shahrukh Khan was to perform with well-known TV stars like Neena Gupta and Navneet Nishan, Prachi, Sakshi, Shweta and Rajshree. Thereafter he was to announce the best actress."
Shweta is shooting for a Bhojpuri film in Nepal and couldn't come to Mumbai. The source continues, "She told us that she doesn't care about winning an award or attending the event. We informed our auditors Ernst and Young, who are in charge of the polling and nomination lists.
They wanted Shweta to give a letter saying that she couldn't attend and why. That's the internationally approved method. Shweta sent a letter and asked them to remove her name from the nomination list. It was very unsporting of her considering Balaji had given her such a big break and made her famous."
Balaji informed the channel (Star Plus) of Shweta's decision. The source reveals, "Ernst and Young has now added Divyanka Tripathi (Dulhann Banoo Mein Teri) to the list."
Ekta admits that Shweta backed out. "Yes she informed us about her unavailability to attend saying she wasn't really keen to be part of the awards. She sent a letter too saying why she couldn't attend. We would have loved to have her at our first award show but no hard feelings."