TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Popular southern comedian and character actress Kovai Sarla will soon be seen in a new avatar as the judge of Tamil comedy show Comedyil Kalakkuvathu Eppadi. She says such shows benefit new talent.
"We never had such opportunities to prove our mettle back in the days. We struggled to even land a small role in the industry. Shows like these are great platforms for budding comedians. It's their ticket to stardom and eventually cinema," Sarla told.
"Most recent comedians in Tamil gained entry to filmdom through shows like these. They have all had a warm reception in the industry because they are already a popular face on TV, and therefore it's easy for audiences to recognise them," she added.
The show, scheduled to go on air July 14 on Star Vijay, will see three teams pit against each other. Each team will reprise the best of comedy from Tamil cinema since its inception.
Each week, one best comedy act will be awarded and eventually, one team will take home the championship title.
"There will be different rounds for the teams. Comedy is not always slapstick, it's also situational and character based. We will test the teams on how well can they improvise when the need for different type of comedy arrives," she said.
To be hosted by Robo Shankar, Comedyil Kalakkuvathu Eppadi will be aired every Sunday.